Scott A. Fellmeth is a personal injury attorney who focuses on catastrophic construction site and work place accidents, and product defects and malfunctions in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Scott is a Philadelphia native, a 2010 graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, and a 2015 honors graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he received the John P. Gismondi Civil Litigation Certificate. While in law school, Scott was the Executive Editor of the Pittsburgh Journal of Environmental and Public Health Law and a member of the law school’s Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court team. In addition, Scott represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Certified Legal Intern at the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office and represented low-income adults in civil matters as a Certified Legal Intern at the Neighborhood Legal Services Association of Pittsburgh.
After law school, Scott was an associate at a mid-sized regional law firm in Pittsburgh where his practice included representing individuals who suffered serious accidents and catastrophic injuries. Upon returning to Philadelphia, Scott practiced at a large regional defense firm defending catastrophic personal injury and complex construction defect cases. In his prior positions, Scott gained valuable and wide-ranging experience in how to effectively litigate a case from start to finish while zealously representing his clients’ rights. Scott brings this breadth of knowledge and experience to SMB, where he is committed to passionately fighting for the rights of individuals who have been injured due to the negligence and carelessness of others.
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accident & Injury
- Structural Collapses
- Workplace Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers – Dram Shop Attorneys
- Products Liability
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Trucking Accidents
- Fraternity Hazing
- Train Accidents
- Sexual Abuse Attorneys
Since his time as a trial attorney at SMB, Scott has worked relentlessly for the following multi-million-dollar wins for his clients:
- $24 million settlement mid-trial in a products liability lawsuit against an international, U.S.-based industrial equipment manufacturer for a union equipment operator who was rendered quadriplegic in 2015 following a workplace accident in a warehouse along the Delaware River in Philadelphia.
- $8.9 million settlement on behalf of the Estate of Grace Packer who was allowed to remain in the care and custody of her adoptive mother, Sara Packer, who eventually murdered Grace with her boyfriend.
- $7.8 million settlement for a union painter after he fell 10 feet from a platform on a construction site.
- $4.6 million settlement in a products liability lawsuit for a 24-year old who suffered permanent injuries to his right dominant hand when it was crushed by a bread making machine at his place of work, resulting in the amputation of four fingers and part of his thumb.
- A $3,231,000.00 settlement and a separate confidential seven-figure settlement on behalf of a fraternity member who was catastrophically and permanently injured because of an off-campus altercation. The lawsuit was filed against a national fraternity, its local chapter, the assailant, the liquor licensee, and individual fraternity members
- $1.975 million settlement for a commercial truck driver who was injured when his right foot was run over at a defendant’s warehouse facility.
- $1.25 million settlement for a construction laborer after he fell from scaffolding on a stucco remediation job site.
- $24,000,000Saltz, Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $24 million settlement against an ...Read Story
- $8,900,000An $8,900,000 settlement was paid to the Estate of Grace Packer following a lifetime of pain and suffering, ending with the brutal murder of Grace.Read Story
- $7,800,000A man injured after falling 10 feet from a platform on a construction site has settled his lawsuit against the general contractor for $7.8 million, ...Read Story
- $4,600,000Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $4.6 million settlement for their ...Read Story
- $1,150,000$1.15 million settlement for a carpenter who suffered orthopedic injuries after he fell from height at a residential construction project.
- $1,975,000On December 6, 2021, SMB attorneys Adam J. Pantano and Scott A. Fellmeth secured a $1,975,000 settlement on behalf of a commercial truck driver who ...Read Story
Scott is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Philadelphia Bar Association, and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
Scott currently lives in Wynnewood outside of Philadelphia with his wife and two young sons.
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- New Jersey, 2015
- The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court
- The University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2015, cum laude
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2010
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Named by Peers to the 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List