Scott A. Fellmeth is a personal injury attorney who focuses on catastrophic construction site and work place accidents, and product defects and malfunctions in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Scott is a Philadelphia native and a 2010 graduate of the Pennsylvania State University and a 2015 honors graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he received the John P. Gismondi Civil Litigation Certificate. While in law school, Scott was the Executive Editor of the Pittsburgh Journal of Environmental and Public Health Law and a member of the law school’s Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court team. In addition, Scott represented the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as a Certified Legal Intern at the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office and represented low-income adults in civil matters as a Certified Legal Intern at the Neighborhood Legal Services Association of Pittsburgh.
After law school, Scott was an associate at a mid-size regional law firm in Pittsburgh where his practice included representing individuals who suffered serious accidents and catastrophic injuries. Upon returning to Philadelphia, Scott practiced at a large regional defense firm defending catastrophic personal injury and complex construction defect cases. In his prior positions, Scott gained valuable and wide-ranging experience in how to effectively litigate a case from start to finish while zealously representing his clients’ rights. Scott brings this breadth of knowledge and experience to SM&B, where he is committed to passionately fighting for the rights of individuals who have been injured due to the negligence and carelessness of others.
- Wrongful Death
- Construction Accident & Injury Attorneys
- Structural Collapses
- Workplace Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers
- Products Liability
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Trucking Accidents
- Fraternity Hazing
- Train Accidents
- Sexual Abuse
Since his time as a trial attorney at SM&B, Scott has worked relentlessly for the following multi-million dollar wins for his clients:
- $24 million settlement mid-trial in a products liability lawsuit against an international, US-based industrial equipment manufacturer for a union equipment operator who was rendered quadriplegic in 2015 following a workplace accident in a warehouse along the Delaware River in Philadelphia.
- $7.8 million settlement for a union painter after he fell 10 feet from a platform on a construction site.
- $4.6 million settlement in a products liability lawsuit for 24-year old who suffered permanent injuries to his right dominant hand when it was crushed by a bread making machine at his place of work, resulting in the amputation of four fingers and part of his thumb.
- $1.25 million settlement for a construction laborer after he fell from scaffolding on a stucco remediation job site.
- $24,000,000Saltz, Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $24 million settlement against an ...Read Story
- $7,800,000A man injured after falling 10 feet from a platform on a construction site has settled his lawsuit against the general contractor for $7.8 million, ...Read Story
- $4,600,000Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $4.6 million settlement for their ...Read Story
Scott is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Philadelphia Bar Association and the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association.
Scott currently lives in the Fishtown neighborhood of Philadelphia with his wife and young son.
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- New Jersey, 2015
- The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- The Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court
- The University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD, 2015, cum laude
- The Pennsylvania State University, BS, 2010
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association