SM&B since its founding in 1998 has been successfully taking on the biggest companies, insurance companies and law firms on behalf of clients and their family members injured by someone else’s negligence. From our roots as a leading Philadelphia-based law firm handling catastrophic workplace injuries, products liability claims, serious vehicle accidents, and medical malpractice, SM&B has become the nation’s leading personal injury firm for construction workers injured or killed at worksites.
Our lawyers have secured record-setting verdicts and settlements, including:
- The largest personal injury verdict in Pennsylvania history ($124.4 million)
- The largest multi-plaintiff settlement in Pennsylvania history ($227 million)
- The largest settlement of a railroad accident case in American history ($265 million)
- The largest individual pre-trial settlement in Pennsylvania history (the second largest in American history) ($71 million)
- The largest verdict for a construction worker in American history ($75.6 million)
- The largest settlement of a construction case in American history ($101 million)
- The largest automobile accident verdict in Pennsylvania history
- The largest dram shop verdict in Pennsylvania history
- The largest settlement of a wrongful death case in Philadelphia County history ($17 million)
- The largest settlement in both Philadelphia County and Lehigh County history
- More than 400 verdicts or settlements in excess of a million dollars
- More than 25 verdicts or settlements or $10 million or more
- Five verdicts or settlements of $100 million or more
With a roster of nationally-known practitioners and the financial resources to handle the most complex, data-intensive cases, and engage the leading experts in their fields, SM&B has the experience clients need to maximize their compensation for a catastrophic accident, injury or wrongful death.
SM&B is currently representing clients high-profile matters.including several victims of the 2018 Branson, Missouri duck boat disaster that claimed 17 lives.
To find out more about how we handle cases, read about our Approach.
To find out more about our lawyers, read our Attorney pages.
To find out more about the cases we handle, review our Practice Areas.
To find out more about what we achieve for clients, review our Results.
To find out what the media and other lawyers say about us, read about our Reputation.