When there’s a high-profile disaster that destroys the lives of innocent victims, chances are you’ll see Jeff Goodman right in the middle—fighting for the rights of those harmed.
As an advocate, Jeff is aggressive, fearless and relentless.
Since joining SMBB in 2010, Jeff has been taking on corporate America and winning. In 2016, he became the youngest partner in the firm’s history. Before his 34th birthday, Jeff had helped recover more than $750 Million on behalf of injured plaintiffs. It is believed that Jeff is the youngest attorney in US history to reach this milestone.
Jeff’s practice focuses on litigating complex cases against product manufacturers, rail operators, the maritime industry, trucking companies, construction companies, liquor licensees, and other businesses that harm victims. Throughout his career, Jeff has played a lead role in litigating the most complex and catastrophic disasters in the Philadelphia region, including:
- The 2010 Duck Boat Disaster in which Hungarian students drowned when the Duck Boat on which they were riding was run over by a barge, which resulted in a $17 Million settlement.
- The 2013 Salvation Army Building Collapse in which 7 people died and twelve were injured. Jeff and SMBB founder Bob Mongeluzzi tried this case before a Philadelphia jury for over 5 months. After winning the liability verdict, the case settled for $227 Million before the jury finished evaluating damages.
- The 2015 derailment of Amtrak Train No. 188 in which 8 people died and over 200 were injured. The case settled for $265 Million after less than two years of litigation.
In addition to these mass disasters, Jeff has fought for compensation to help individual victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries and the families of those who have lost loved ones. His work on these cases has led to scores of recoveries in excess of $1 Million.
Jeff is regularly called on for his knowledge and experience beyond the Philadelphia area and has obtained multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for clients in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Florida, West Virginia and the Virgin Islands.
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- New Jersey, 2010
- US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, JD, 2010
- The George Washington University, BA, 2007
- 2015-2018 SuperLawyers Rising Star
- 2018 Philadelphia’s Legal Eagles
- 2016 Lawyer on the Fast Track
The George Washington University
- Captain, National Mock Trial Team.
- Four-time All American in Mock Trial
- Three-time Region’s Most Outstanding Advocate
Temple University, Beasley School of Law
- First-ever first-year law student to compete on National Trial Team.
- Two Regional Championships, National Trial Team
- Two-time Region’s Best Advocate
- President, Moot Court Honor Society and won both of
- Two-time winner, Temple University’s Moot Court competitions
- Individual National Champion, Top Gun Challenge
(Over 50 awards, trophies, medals, and honors for his various trial advocacy accomplishments in college and law school.)
- Intern, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania District Attorney’s Office
- Public Defender Service, Washington, DC
- Summer Clerk, Honorable Juan R. Sanchez, US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Summer Associate, SMBB