When there’s a high-profile disaster that destroys the lives of innocent victims, chances are you’ll see Jeff Goodman right in the middle—fighting for the rights of those harmed.
As an advocate, Jeff is aggressive, fearless and relentless.
Since joining SMBB in 2010, Jeff has been taking on corporate America and winning. In 2016, he became the youngest partner in the firm’s history. Before his 34th birthday, Jeff had helped recover more than $750 Million on behalf of injured plaintiffs. It is believed that Jeff is the youngest attorney in US history to reach this milestone.
Jeff’s practice focuses on litigating complex cases against product manufacturers, rail operators, the maritime industry, trucking companies, construction companies, liquor licensees, and other businesses that harm victims. Throughout his career, Jeff has played a lead role in litigating the most complex and catastrophic disasters in the Philadelphia region, including:
- $265,000,000Settlement was reached in the May 2015 Amtrak Train No. 188 derailment in which 8 people died and over 200 were injured. The case settled for record ...Read Story
- $227,000,000$227 million in damages will be paid to the 19 plaintiffs—including the loved ones of the seven that died in the June 5, 2013 Salvation Army Family ...Read Story
- $17,000,000In 2010, two Hungarian students drowned and twelve others were injured when the Duck Boat on which they were riding was run over by a barge, which ...Read Story
- $16,300,000An ironworker whose right leg was amputated and left foot crushed when a 3,000-pound granite base stone toppled over onto him during the renovation ...Read Story
- $6,000,000A woman injured when bricks from an adjacent building crashed through a Lululemon store has settled her lawsuit against the property owner for $6 ...Read Story
- $5,000,000A man who was rendered quadriplegic when two of his relatives accidentally tipped over the portable toilet he was using in an attempt to play a ...Read Story
In addition to these mass disasters, Jeff has fought for compensation to help individual victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries and the families of those who have lost loved ones. His work on these cases has led to scores of recoveries in excess of $1 Million.
Jeff is regularly called on for his knowledge and experience beyond the Philadelphia area and has obtained multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts for clients in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Florida, West Virginia and the Virgin Islands. In addition to being a partner at SMBB, Jeff is also the Director of the firm’s Summer Associate and Law Clerk program where he helps supervise and mentor the next generation of great trial lawyers.
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- New Jersey, 2010
- US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, JD, 2010
- The George Washington University, BA, 2007
- 2015-2018 SuperLawyers Rising Star
- 2018 Philadelphia’s Legal Eagles
- 2016 Lawyer on the Fast Track
The George Washington University
- Captain, National Mock Trial Team.
- Four-time All American in Mock Trial
- Three-time Region’s Most Outstanding Advocate
Temple University, Beasley School of Law
- First-ever first-year law student to compete on National Trial Team.
- Two Regional Championships, National Trial Team
- Two-time Region’s Best Advocate
- President, Moot Court Honor Society and won both of
- Two-time winner, Temple University’s Moot Court competitions
- Individual National Champion, Top Gun Challenge
(Over 50 awards, trophies, medals, and honors for his various trial advocacy accomplishments in college and law school.)
- Intern, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania District Attorney’s Office
- Public Defender Service, Washington, DC
- Summer Clerk, Honorable Juan R. Sanchez, US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Summer Associate, SMBB