Robert W. Zimmerman has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for Saltz Mongeluzzi Barrett & Bendesky clients. In 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, Robert has been selected by his peers as a “Rising Star” in Philadelphia Magazine’s SuperLawyers edition, an honor reserved for the top 2.5 percent of attorneys under 40 years old.
Robert is a graduate of King’s College, in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., where he was a member of the Mu Kappa Tau Honor Society and student government, and was the basketball team’s play-by-play radio broadcaster.
- Construction Accident & Injury Attorneys
- Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Crane Accidents and Tip-Overs
- Electrical Injuries
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers
- Vehicle Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Workplace Accidents
Robert holds a law degree from the Villanova University School of Law (2008), where he served a judicial externship in the Civil Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and was a member of various legal interest groups, including the Pro Bono Society and Child Advocacy Law Association. As a member of Villanova’s Civil Justice Clinic, he was authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to represent clients who could not afford to hire attorneys in civil lawsuits while still in school. Robert clerked during law school for one of Philadelphia’s major general defense firms before joining Saltz Mongeluzzi Barrett & Bendesky in the summer of 2007
In May, 2011 Robert graduated from the nationally ranked LL.M. (Master’s of Law) in Trial Advocacy Program at the Temple University Beasley School of Law. He now serves as a Lecturer and Judge Instructor for current students.
Robert has hands on experience with the tools and equipment used by the construction workers he represents. He is a Certified Aerial Lift Operator, Crane Operator, Rigger, and Signalman. Robert has also completed the OSHA 10 hour safety course and taken courses in Architectural Drawings.
Robert is a leader among the Pennsylvania legal profession. He has been elected to the Philadelphia Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Divisions Executive Committee, where he served a three year term. He was also elected Treasurer of the Executive Committee cabinet in 2015. Mr. Zimmerman is the current President of the Future Leaders Section of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and sits on the board of the Association. He also sits on the board of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the statewide trial lawyer organization. Mr. Zimmerman has lectured and presented at Temple University School of Law, Widener School of Law, and to the Philadelphia Bar Association on over a dozen occasions. He has been selected to co-chair the 2018 Philadelphia Bar Association’s Bench Bar, an annual event which offers continuing legal education to lawyers and Judges who practice in Philadelphia County.
Robert was raised in Northeast Philadelphia. He currently resides in Center City Philadelphia.
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- New Jersey, 2010
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2011
- New Jersey District Court, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2012
- Colorado District Court, 2018
- Villanova University School of Law, JD, 2008
- Temple University, LLM Masters in Trial Advocacy, 2011
- King’s College, BS, 2005
- Mu Kappa Tau Honor Society
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2016-present
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Future Leaders Section, Chair, 2016-2018
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee, 2014-2016
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee,Treasurer, 2015
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee,Trial Lawyer Liaison, 2017
Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine’s SuperLawyers edition, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Prior to joining Saltz, Mongeluzzi, Barrett & Bendesky, Bob worked as a law clerk at Conrad O’Brien and held Judicial externship assignments with a civil and criminal Judge in Philadelphia County.