Robert W. Zimmerman has obtained numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky clients and is a leader of the trial lawyer bar in the city of Philadelphia and throughout the state. For nine straight years between 2012 and 2020, Robert has been selected by his peers as a “Rising Star” in Philadelphia Magazine’s SuperLawyers edition, an honor reserved for the top 2.5 percent of attorneys under 40 years old. His results include a $124 million dollar verdict in an assault and battery case in Montgomery County, a confidential settlement mid-trial arising from an escalator derailment at the former Giants Stadium that seriously injured 8 individuals, and a $24 million dollar settlement mid-trial in a product liability action against an industrial machine manufacturer.
Robert has hands on experience with the tools and equipment used by the construction workers he represents. He is a Certified Aerial Lift Operator, Forklift Operator, Crane Operator, Rigger, and Signalman. Robert has also completed the OSHA 10 hour workplace safety course, has taken courses in Architectural Drawings, and is certified in the use of Automated External Defibrillators and CPR.
- Construction Accident & Injury Attorneys
- Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Crane Accidents and Tip-Overs
- Electrical Injuries
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers
- Vehicle Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Workplace Accidents
Robert is a graduate of King’s College, in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., where he was a member of the Mu Kappa Tau Honor Society and student government, and was the basketball team’s play-by-play radio broadcaster. He is currently a board member of the college’s Philadelphia alumni association.
- $124,260,000A Montgomery County jury has awarded $124 million in a civil case against Rafael Robb, the former University of Pennsylvania economics professor who ...Read Story
- $24,000,000Saltz, Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $24 million settlement against an ...Read Story
- $4,600,000Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $4.6 million settlement for their ...Read Story
Robert holds a law degree from the Villanova University School of Law (2008), where he served a judicial externship in the Civil Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and was a member of various legal interest groups, including the Pro Bono Society and Child Advocacy Law Association. As a member of Villanova’s Civil Justice Clinic, he was authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to represent clients who could not afford to hire attorneys in civil lawsuits while he was still in law school. Robert clerked during law school for one of Philadelphia’s major civil defense litigation firms before joining Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky in the summer of 2007.
In May, 2011 Robert graduated from the nationally ranked LL.M. (Master’s of Law) in Trial Advocacy Program at the Temple University Beasley School of Law. He now serves as a Lecturer and Judge Instructor for the program.
Robert is a leader among the Pennsylvania legal profession, and has been a board member of both the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA) and Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ). He is also a member of the Executive Committee of PAJ that is tasked with decision making responsibilities for the organization. He has been elected to the Philadelphia Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Divisions Executive Committee, where he served a three year term and was elected Treasurer of the Executive Committee in 2015. He is a past President of the Future Leaders Section of PTLA Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Zimmerman has lectured and presented dozens of times at legal conferences and law schools, including at Temple University School of Law, Widener School of Law, and Villanova Law School, and to local, statewide and national audiences at legal seminars. He was the co-chair of the 2018 Philadelphia Bar Association’s Bench Bar, an annual event which offers continuing legal education to lawyers and Judges who practice in Philadelphia County.
Robert was raised in Northeast Philadelphia and currently resides in Center City Philadelphia.
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- New Jersey, 2010
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2008
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2011
- New Jersey District Court, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2012
- Colorado District Court, 2018
- Villanova University School of Law, JD, 2008
- Temple University, LLM Masters in Trial Advocacy, 2011
- King’s College, BS, 2005
- Mu Kappa Tau Honor Society
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2016-present
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Future Leaders Section, Chair, 2016-2018
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee, 2014-2016
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee,Treasurer, 2015
- Philadelphia Bar Association YLD Executive Committee,Trial Lawyer Liaison, 2017
Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine’s SuperLawyers edition, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
No aspect of the Super Lawyers advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Prior to joining Saltz, Mongeluzzi & Bendesky, Bob worked as a law clerk at Conrad O’Brien and held Judicial externship assignments with a civil and criminal Judge in Philadelphia County.