In 2017, Jason was a member of the trial team that, after winning a successful liability verdict, obtained the largest settlement in Pennsylvania history. The $227 Million dollar settlement in the Market Street Collapse case came after the jury found the Salvation Army was 75% responsible, a landmark result not only for his clients, but for Jason’s legal career.
In addition to the Market Street Collapse, Jason teamed with Steven G. Wigrizer to obtain tremendous results for their clients on a wide range of cases including:
- $45 million judgment in the Tacony “Dungeon Case”
- $6.5 million in a premises liability action against a university
- $6.4 million in a construction site brain injury
- $4 million in a wrongful death and survival action for failure to diagnose renal cell carcinoma
- $3.8 million in a medical malpractice case for negligent performance of a laminectomy discectomy
- $3.1 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to properly insert a spinal cord stimulator
- $3 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to timely diagnose kidney disease
- $2.7 million in a wrongful death and survival action for failing to diagnose cancer
- $2 million in a medical malpractice case for failing to diagnose breast cancer
- $1.6 million in a methadone overdose case settled during trial
- $1.25 million for a failure to diagnose and treat bacterial meningitis
- $1 million in a failure to diagnose conjugated hyperbilirubinemia and coagulopathy settled during trial
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Rutgers Law School – Camden, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A.
Honors & Awards
- Named by Peers to the 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- 2016-2020 Super Lawyers Rising Star: Medical Malpractice
- 2017-2019 Best Lawyers
- 2016 Knight Foundation “Who’s Next: Law”
- 2016 Top 40 under 40: Civil Plaintiff by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Rutgers Law Journal
Since 2016, Jason has been selected as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star,” distinguished in Medical Malpractice as a Plaintiff’s attorney. He has also been recognized for inclusion in the Best Lawyers™ publication since 2017.
In 2016, Jason was honored to be selected by the Knight Foundation for inclusion in Billy Penn’s “Who’s Next” series, which highlights the most dynamic people under the age of 40 helping to shape Philadelphia. That same year Jason was also selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as a Top 40 under 40 in the category of Civil Plaintiff.
Prior Work Experience
- Attorney, Wapner, Newman, Wigrizer, Brecher & Miller, P.C.
- Law Clerk for the Hon. Michele M. Fox, J.S.C. of the Superior Court of New Jersey
- Extern for the Hon. Joel H. Slomsky for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania