Michael A. Budner is a personal injury attorney who has obtained tens of millions of dollars for his clients. In 2016-2021, Michael was selected by his peers as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star, an honor reserved for only the top 2.5 percent of attorneys under 40 years old in Pennsylvania, which is published annually in Philadelphia Magazine.
Michael’s practice focuses on catastrophic personal injury cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. These personal injury cases result from construction accidents, workplace accidents, electrical accidents, negligently-maintained premises, defective or malfunctioning products, and trucking accidents.
- Construction Accident & Injury
- Workplace Accidents
- Electrical Injury Attorneys
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Structural Collapses
- Train Accidents
- Crane Accidents and Tip-Overs
- Wrongful Death
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Industrial Accidents
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers – Dram Shop Attorneys
- Civil Rights
- Drowning Accidents Attorneys
Michael is a graduate of Emory University (2009) and earned his law degree from the Temple University Beasley School of Law (2012). While in law school, Michael excelled in oral advocacy. Michael served as a member of the Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review. In 2016, Michael returned to Temple University Beasley School of Law to earn his LL.M. (Masters of Law) in Trial Advocacy, graduating with Honors in 2017. He was also chosen by his professors, including Federal and State Court judges and preeminent practicing attorneys, to receive the Faculty Award, an honor reserved for the student who demonstrates outstanding achievement in courtroom presentation and performance throughout the program.
Michael interned for the Honorable Joseph D. O’Keefe, Administrative Judge of the Orphans’ Court Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in 2010. While in law school, Michael joined Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky as a law clerk in 2010. He returned to the firm full-time following his graduation from law school in 2012. Michael is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania. Michael is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, and the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Michael lives in Center City Philadelphia with his wife, Jennifer, and his daughter, Olivia.
In addition to fighting for his injured clients, Michael also feels it is his duty to help those who cannot afford a lawyer for their legal problems. Michael serves as a Member of the Board of Directors of Philadelphia VIP, a non-profit that provides pro bono legal services to individuals, small businesses, and non-profit organizations with civil legal issues. Not only does Michael serve as a Director of the organization, he also volunteers his time as an attorney providing pro bono legal representation.
Michael serves as a Trustee Member, the Clerk, and the Governance Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech, a non-profit organization with the mission of teaching children who are deaf or hard of hearing to listen and speak with campuses in Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Jacksonville, and Northampton (MA). Michael is also a member of Clarke Philadelphia’s Leadership Council, which stewards Clarke’s local fundraising efforts in the Philadelphia area.
Michael also volunteers his time as a teacher and judge in the LL.M. in Trial Advocacy program at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law.
Certifications and Licensures:
Michael holds his Powered Access Licensed-Registration (PAL) from the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) as a Certified Operator of Mobile Vertical Lifts (3a) and Mobile Boom Lifts (3b).
Michael has undergone OSHA 10-hour training in Construction Safety and Health.
Michael is a Certified Forklift Operator who has received his OSHA 29 CFR 19120.178 Forklift Operator Qualification and Certification.
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- New Jersey, 2012
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2012
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2013
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M. in Trial Advocacy, 2017
- Faculty Award Winner and Honors Graduate
- Emory University, B.A., 2009
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA)
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Philadelphia Bar Association (PBA)
Honors & Awards
- Named by Peers to the 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars List
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2016-2021
No aspect of the Super Lawyers advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Prior Work Experience
- Intern for the Honorable Joseph D. O’Keefe (Ret.), Administrative Judge of the Orphans’ Court Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, 2010