Michael A. Budner is a personal injury attorney who has obtained tens of millions of dollars for his clients. In 2016-2018, Michael was selected by his peers as a Super Lawyers Rising Star, an honor reserved for only the top 2.5 percent of attorneys under 40 years old in Pennsylvania, which is published annually in Philadelphia Magazine.
Michael’s practice focuses on catastrophic personal injury cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. These personal injury cases result from construction accidents, workplace accidents, electrical accidents, negligently-maintained premises, defective or malfunctioning products, and trucking accidents.
- Construction Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Electrical Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Structural Collapses
- Train Accidents
- Crane Accidents and Tip-Overs
- Wrongful Death
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Industrial Accidents
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers
- Civil Rights
- Drowning Accidents
Michael is a graduate of Emory University (2009) and earned his law degree from the Temple University Beasley School of Law (2012). While in law school, Michael excelled in oral advocacy. Michael served as a member of the Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review. In 2016, Michael returned to Temple University Beasley School of Law to earn his LL.M. (Masters of Law) in Trial Advocacy, graduating with Honors in 2017. He was also chosen by his professors, including Federal and State Court judges and preeminent practicing attorneys, to receive the Faculty Award, an honor reserved for the student who demonstrates outstanding achievement in courtroom presentation and performance throughout the program.
Michael interned for the Honorable Joseph D. O’Keefe, Administrative Judge of the Orphans’ Court Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in 2010. While in law school, Michael joined Saltz, Mongeluzzi, Barrett & Bendesky as a law clerk in 2010. He returned to the firm full-time following his graduation from law school in 2012. Michael is admitted to practice law before the Supreme Courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania. Michael is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Pennsylvania Association for Justice, the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, and the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Michael lives in Center City Philadelphia with his wife, Jennifer, who is a First Grade teacher, and his daughter, Olivia.
Michael also volunteers his time as a teacher and judge in the LL.M. in Trial Advocacy program at Temple University’s Beasley School of Law.
Certifications and Licensures:
Michael holds his Powered Access Licensed-Registration (PAL) from the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) as a Certified Operator of Mobile Vertical Lifts (3a) and Mobile Boom Lifts (3b).
Michael has undergone OSHA 10-hour training in Construction Safety and Health.
Michael is a Certified Forklift Operator who has received his OSHA 29 CFR 19120.178 Forklift Operator Qualification and Certification.
- Pennsylvania, 2012
- New Jersey, 2012
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, 2012
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2013
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, JD, 2012
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, LLM. in Trial Advocacy, 2017
- Faculty Award Winner and Honors Graduate
- Emory University, BA, 2009
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association (PTLA)
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Philadelphia Bar Association (PBA)
Super Lawyers ”Rising Star”, 2016-2018
- Intern for the Honorable Joseph D. O’Keefe (Ret.)
- Administrative Judge of the Orphans’ Court Division of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, 2010