Joshua C. Cohan focuses his practice on litigating mass torts, environmental and toxic torts, and other catastrophic injury matters.
Joshua represents clients in mass torts and class action cases that have been catastrophically injured after being exposed to contaminants in the environment and after using dangerous pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, and other products. Joshua has obtained successful results for his clients in In re: Testosterone Replacement Therapy Products Liability Litigation and is currently involved in the ongoing PFAS water contamination litigation In Re: Aqueous Film-Forming Foams Products Liability Litigation, in which he serves on two leadership committees. Joshua also successfully represented former NFL players in In Re: NFL Concussion Litigation.
In addition to the successful resolution of mass tort and class action cases, Joshua has successfully represented injured victims in a variety of personal injury matters, including, motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, and products liability cases.
In 2010, Joshua earned his Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, magna cum laude, from The George Washington University. In 2013, he received his Juris Doctor degree from The Villanova University School of Law, where he excelled in legal research and writing as well as oral advocacy. He was a member of the Villanova Law Moot Court Team and was a quarterfinalist in the 52nd annual Honorable Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition as well as a National Quarter Finalist in the 2012 National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition where he was also awarded high honors for his competition brief.
While in law school, Joshua served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Thomas P. Rogers of the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas and as a law clerk at Anapol Weiss.
Joshua is a regular contributor to the Legal Intelligencer, having written articles on Medicaid Liens, Judicial Retirement Age Limits, Generic Drugs, Roundup Litigation, and on the ongoing PFAS Water Contamination Crisis. Joshua is also a contributing author to the 5th edition of the Library of Pennsylvania Personal Injury Forms and a contributing author to the latest edition of Pennsylvania Causes of Action.
Joshua has been named one of the best Mass Tort Lawyers in Pennsylvania in the 2019 and 2020 editions of the Best Lawyers publication and has been named to the 2019 and 2020 Pennsylvania Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers. He was also recently selected by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff attorneys in Pennsylvania.
Joshua is a member of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, where he served on the Future Leaders Committee and the American Association for Justice. Joshua is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- The Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Member of the Villanova Law Moot Court Team
- Quarterfinalist in the 52nd annual Honorable Theodore L. Reimel Moot Court Competition
- National Quarter Finalist in the 2012 National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition where he was also awarded high honors for his competition brief
- The George Washington University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Future Leaders Committee
- American Association for Justice
Honors & Awards
- Named one of the best Mass Tort Lawyers in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers, 2019, 2020
- Named Pennsylvania Rising Stars by Super Lawyers, 2019, 2020
- Selected by the National Trial Lawyers as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff attorneys in Pennsylvania
Prior Work Experience
- Associate at Anapol Weiss
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Thomas P. Rogers of the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas