SM&B has successfully represented more victims of catastrophic crane accidents than any other law firm in the United States.
As the leading plaintiffs attorney spokesman for workers injured by unsafe cranes, I’ve challenged the crane industry to put me out of business by installing vital safety devices to protect workers.
Robert J. Mongeluzzi
SM&B handles cases involving all of the most common types of crane accidents, including:
- Cranes contacting high-voltage electrical lines
- Cranes toppling over or collapsing
- Cranes striking workers
- Crane hoist lines “two-block,” causing the headache ball to crash into the boom tip
- Poorly rigged loads or crane parts falling onto or striking workers
SM&B has secured numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients, including:
- $3,600,000 settlement for an ironworker injured when steel roofing panels fell on him due to a crane operator’s negligence
- $3,000,000 settlement for two dock builders electrocuted when a crane contacted overhead power lines
- $7,900,000 for worker severely injured by truck boom contact with powerline
- $3,000,000 settlement for the estates of two workers electrocuted when crane hoisting block contacted uninsulated powerline
- $2,500,000 for roofer who suffered severe burns and other injuries when ladder contacted overhead powerline
- $1,550,000 settlement for family of worker killed when boom truck contacted a powerline
- $1,480,000 settlement for family of truck driver electrocuted when crane contacted overhead powerline
- $1,375,000 settlement for family of worker killed when crane contacted overhead powerline
- $1,000,000 settlement for ironwork foreman injured by crane contact with a powerline
- $17,000,000The family of an electrician who was killed when a crane hook fell on him has reached a $17 million settlement in the Philadelphia Court of Common ...Read Story
- $1,480,000The general contractor on a highway construction project for the New Jersey Highway Authority; and Parsons-Brinckerhoff Construction, the project ...Read Story
- $8,300,000After three and a half weeks of trial in Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Judge Howland W. Abramson's courtroom, a jury returned an $8.3 million ...Read Story
To successfully represent our clients, SM&B draws upon both its decades of experience in construction accident cases and the assistance of top experts in the fields of crane operator training and crane design. For example, when workers moving loads with a crane are electrocuted, we want to determine whether the crane was equipped with an insulated link to prevent electrical current from reaching the cable hook.
SM&B partner Robert Mongeluzzi is a nationally known advocate for crane safety. He writes about safety issues and has even lectured to crane manufacturer executives on how to make their products safer. Bob also founded, and co-chairs with SM&B partner David Kwass, the American Association for Justice’s Crane and Aerial Lift Accident Group, which trains other lawyers across the country to represent the victims of such accidents. Quite simply, SM&B is the nation’s leading plaintiff’s law firm in crane accident litigation.
Crane equipment manufacturers, construction companies, and public utilities may all be liable for crane accidents depending on the facts of the particular case. SM&B can help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled—including payments for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, past, and future medical expenses, lost income, and future earnings.
If you have been injured, or a family member has been injured or killed, in a crane accident, SM&B is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve.