Robert Mongeluzzi, who represented families of construction workers killed or injured in the 2003 collapse of the Tropicana parking garage in Atlantic City, is representing several families in the Surfside, Florida condominium collapse and sees similarities between the two disasters.
With so many lives lost and so much destruction, the case will be exceedingly complex, and Bob anticipates spending a lot of time in Miami.Read the latest on the Surfside Collapse
Surfside Condo Collapse
GLOBAL AUTHORITIES ON CATASTROPHIC BUILDING COLLAPSES MONITORING SITUATION IN SURFSIDE FLORIDA
Reports that nearly 100 have died and many are injured as a result of the Surfside, FL condo collapse, and concerns grow that the number of deceased will rise. While investigation into this deadly collapse is still ongoing, there are theories into the cause. Research from 2020 was discovered that this particular building has been sinking into the ground at an alarming rate since the 1990s. Learn more about SMB's Structural Collapse team
FIBERCEL BONE GRAFT INJURY
HAVE YOU DEVELOPED TUBERCULOSIS OR AN INFECTION FROM A FIBERCEL BONE GRAFT?
We are conducting a nationwide investigation into tuberculosis exposure in connection with tainted bone graft material. Click here to learn more if you have been diagnosed with TB following surgery.
Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky is one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms. SM&B has secured some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the history of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. It is widely regarded as the best law firm in the United States for representing workers who have been injured or killed on the job. Known for winning tough, high-profile cases, SM&B has an exceptional track record of championing the rights of injured victims.
- Verdicts and Settlements $265,000,000 Settlement was reached in the May 2015 Amtrak Train No. 188 derailment in which 8 people died and over 200 were injured. The case settled for a ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $227,000,000 $227 million in damages will be paid to the 19 plaintiffs—including the loved ones of the seven that died in the June 5, 2013, Salvation Army ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $160,000,000 U-Haul Co. of Pennsylvania will pay a record $160 million in a settlement after a Feltonville food truck exploded nearly four years ago, killing a ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $124,260,000 A Montgomery County jury has awarded $124 million in a civil case against Rafael Robb, the former University of Pennsylvania economics professor who ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $101,000,000 A global settlement worth more than $101 million has been reached in the massive litigation stemming from the October 2003 collapse of the Tropicana ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $75,000,000 A Philadelphia jury yesterday awarded more than $75 million to a former highway construction worker who was left quadriplegic after he was struck by ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $36,000,000 Less than 14 months after a devastating apartment building fire in Conshohocken, Pa., left scores of residents homeless, lawyers unveiled a global ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $29,500,000 After nearly four years and more than 40 civil lawsuits, someone finally took responsibility for the tragic Pier 34 collapse that killed three young ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $26,550,000 $26.550 million is being provided to former landscape service worker David Williams, 32, because those responsible for maintaining his company truck ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $24,100,000 According to court papers, plaintiff Leon Oates, a construction worker, broke through a drop ceiling tile during the construction project and fell ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $24,000,000 Saltz, Mongeluzzi & Bendesky attorneys Larry Bendesky, Robert Zimmerman, and Scott Fellmeth have secured a $24 million settlement against an ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $19,000,000 A Philadelphia jury has awarded $19.1 million to the families of three people who were killed in a five-car pile-up, including a deputy Pennsylvania ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $17,000,000 In 2010, two Hungarian students drowned and twelve others were injured when the Duck Boat on which they were riding was run over by a barge, which ... Read Story
- Verdicts and Settlements $17,000,000 The family of an electrician who was killed when a crane hook fell on him has reached a $17 million settlement in the Philadelphia Court of Common ... Read Story
The catastrophically injured deserve a law firm with the track record, talent and financial resources to take on and defeat the largest corporations and insurance companies.
Larry Bendesky, Managing Shareholder
David L. Kwass
Insurance companies know and fear SM&B. When they see our name on a case they take it seriously because they know SM&B will do whatever we can to maximize our clients’ compensation.
David L. Kwass, Partner
Andrew R. Duffy
The most seriously injured people need real trial lawyers: lawyers who have tried high stakes, high profile cases; lawyers who have a history of record-setting results.
Andrew R. Duffy, Partner
If you have experienced a catastrophic injury or the wrongful death of a loved one, SM&B is dedicated to achieving justice for you and your family. To learn how we can help, contact SM&B today.
The Largest Contested Verdict in Pennsylvania History
The Largest Train Accident Settlement in American History
The Largest Burn Settlement in Pennsylvania History
The Largest Settlement for a Construction Worker in Pennsylvania History
The Largest Verdict for a Construction Worker in Pennsylvania History
The Largest Settlement in a Construction Case in New Jersey History
The Largest Liquor Liability Verdict in Pennsylvania History