Pete Veloski is an experienced trial lawyer who represents individuals who have suffered serious accidents and catastrophic injuries. Prior to joining SMB, Pete practiced litigation for several years in larger Philadelphia area law firms, where he represented corporations and insurance companies in matters involving product liability, professional negligence, and the defense of personal injury claims. In these roles, Pete gained valuable and wide-ranging experience in all aspects of litigation and trial, working on complex civil cases filed in State and Federal courts across the country.
Pete brings this breadth of experience and knowledge to his current position, fighting passionately for the rights of people who have been seriously injured as a result of another’s negligent and careless actions. These are just a few examples of the results of his tireless efforts:
- $1.9 Million Settlement for a Construction Site Accident – A Philadelphia laborer and his wife were awarded a $1.9 million settlement for claims arising from a fall that occurred at a construction site in 2016. As a result of the fall, Plaintiff suffered severe injuries including a left-sided transverse process fracture. At the time of the accident, Plaintiff was instructed to use a blowtorch and an A-Frame ladder to cut pipes hung twelve feet in the air. Through depositions and discovery, SMB attorneys were able to show that the general contractor responsible for supervising the work failed to ensure that proper tools were used for this work, and the general contractor failed to enforce fall protection rules on the site, directly causing Plaintiff’s fall.
- $1.5 Million Settlement in a Premises Liability Case – A woman and her husband were awarded a $1.5 million settlement for claims arising from a slip and fall accident that occurred in the parking lot of the woman’s workplace. As a result of the fall, she suffered serious injuries including leg fractures requiring surgical implants. Records obtained by SMB during discovery showed that the property owner’s snow and ice contractor had failed to properly salt the parking lot prior to her fall, which resulted in the formation of black ice on the parking lot surface.
Growing up in Delaware County, Pete has spent his entire life in the Philadelphia area. He is a graduate of Temple University and Temple Law School. In law school, Pete received accolades for his legal writing and trial advocacy skills. He had the distinct honor of serving as an editor of the Temple Law Review and completed Temple’s Advanced Trial Advocacy program. Pete currently lives in South Philadelphia, where he looks forward to watching more Championship Parades on Broad St. with his wife and young son.
- Pennsylvania, 2015
- New Jersey, 2015
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2015
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2016
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2015
- Temple University, 2010
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Temple Law Alumni Association
- Spring Garden Soup Society, Board Member
Honors & Awards
- Editorial Board, Temple Law Review
- Recipient of The Honorable Dolores Sloviter Public Service Fellowship, 2012
“Bargain for Justice or Face the Prison of Privileges?,” Temple Law Review, Vol. 86, 2014
Prior Work Experience
During law school, Pete gained valuable trial experience as an intern with the United States Attorney’s Office, Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, and with the Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, District Court Judge in the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Prior to attending law school, Pete worked in hospital administration for a large Philadelphia area Health System.