SMB has extensive experience successfully representing construction workers who have been catastrophically injured or killed in scaffolding accidents.
An estimated 2.3 million U.S. construction workers, or two-thirds of the industry, work on scaffolds. And each year an estimated 4,500 are injured and 60 die as a result of scaffolding accidents.
SMB represents victims of the most common types of scaffolding accidents:
- Falls from elevation due to lack of fall protection
- Collapse or tip-over of the scaffold caused by instability or overloading
- Workers struck by falling tools, work materials, or debris
SMB has secured numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients in scaffold accident cases, including:
- $12,700,000 settlement for seven workers injured in scaffold collapse during construction of Kimmel Center
- $8,500,000 settlement for worker who suffered brain injury and spastic paraplegia from a scaffold accident at worksite
- $5,500,000 settlement for construction worker injured in 40-foot fall off tipped-over scaffold
- $2,735,732 verdict for a carpenter whose ankle was shattered when a scaffolding platform board gave way
- $1,950,000 settlement for plumber injured at construction site for Ritz Carlton hotel
- $1,400,000 settlement with USX for mechanic injured in fall from catwalk
- $1,120,000 settlement for carpenter injured in 24-foot fall from scaffold
- $6,500,000A construction worker who was paralyzed after falling off scaffolding has settled with the building owners, the scaffold manufacturer and others for ...Read Story
- $5,500,000A construction worker who fell 40 feet when the scaffolding he was working on tipped over, sustaining "catastrophic orthopedic, urologic and ...Read Story
- $2,735,732On October 18, 1996, plaintiff, a 36-years-old union carpenter, was working on a 6-foot rolling mobile scaffold manufactured by Sonny Scaffolds in ...Read Story
SMB’s stellar track record in scaffold accident cases is driven by years of experience scrutinizing compliance with OSHA safety standards by defendants. When a serious scaffold accident occurs, SMB’s attorneys ask the right questions:
- Were all workers properly trained?
- Was the scaffold:
- Properly installed and secured to the building?
- Erected with secured, adequately load-bearing planks?
- Inspected before each shift?
- Equipped with guardrail fall protections?
Property owners, general contractors, contractors, construction managers, and scaffolding equipment manufacturers and installers may all be liable for a scaffold accident. SMB works tenaciously to obtain all the compensation to which you may be entitled, including compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, past and future medical and rehabilitation costs, lost income, and future earnings.
If you have been injured, or a family member has been injured or killed, as a result of a scaffolding accident, SMB is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve.