SMB has extensive experience successfully representing the victims of negligent and inadequate security.
Businesses and private property owners are legally required to protect their customers and visitors when they know or should have known that a truly innocent person is at risk of being seriously injured or killed.
SMB has represented clients injured in such incidents who have been robbed, attacked, sexually assaulted, and kidnapped. Some of the most common types of these security lapses include:
- A customer is attacked or carjacked in a business parking lot.
- A rowdy fan ejected from a stadium or arena returns to seek revenge and injures other spectators.
- A bystander suffers catastrophic injuries as the result of a fight in a bar.
SMB understands the fundamental security flaws that lead to dangerous conditions at businesses and private properties. To successfully represent our clients in these complex cases, our lawyers rely upon their in-depth experience and the expertise of independent security experts to determine what went wrong. We want to know:
- Were the property’s lighting, alarm systems, gates, and locks adequate and functioning?
- Were security cameras and surveillance systems properly maintained and monitored?
- Were security personnel, including bar bouncers and hotel security, properly trained?
- Did the property owners enhance security following previous criminal incidents?
- What were the recent crime statistics in the neighborhood where the incident occurred?
Property and business owners, managers, and security firms may all be liable in a negligent security case. SMB works tenaciously to help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled –including payments for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, medical expenses, lost income, and future earnings.
If you have been injured or a family member has been injured or killed as a result of negligent or inadequate security, SMB is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve.