Serious side effects following vaccination are very rare, but they do occur. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is designed and funded to compensate victims who can demonstrate that they have had an adverse reaction to a vaccine.
If you suffered an illness or injury after a vaccine, contact our office for a free consultation with one of the most experienced vaccine lawyers in the United States. You may be eligible for compensation from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. If you do have a claim you will never pay one dollar in attorneys’ fees or costs.
We have been fighting on behalf of vaccine injury clients for thirty years.
We recognize that your concerns may not have been accepted by your doctors or others. We will listen; we understand that a vaccine may have in fact caused your injury.
You will never pay a fee for our services.
If you have a vaccine injury, you can benefit from representation by one of the most skilled attorneys in the country and his team with no cost to you. Our consultation is free, and if you win an award, our fees do not come out of your settlement. Any attorney’s fees are paid separately by the Vaccine Fund.
Firm partner Larry Cohan has settled more than $100 million worth of vaccine injury cases including:
- $12,000,000 settlement, with a $40,000,000 lifetime payout for a child with a brain injury caused by the measles (varicella) vaccine
- $10,000,000 payout to a 55-year-old woman suffering from Guillain-Barre syndrome caused by the influenza vaccine
- $150,000 cash payment, plus an annuity with a $1,900,000 lifetime payout and also $410,000 in wage loss compensation for a 35-year-old woman diagnosed with chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy as a result of the influenza vaccine
- $150,000 payout for a 51-year-old woman suffering from Guillain-Barre syndrome due to the influenza vaccine
- $90,000 settlement for a 68-year-old male with SIRVA caused by the influenza vaccine
- $164,000 cash payment, plus an annuity with a $12,000,000 lifetime payout for a ten-year old girl suffering from transverse myelitis as a result of the influenza vaccine
- $75,000 cash payment, plus an annuity with a $645,000 lifetime payout, as well as a $10,000 reimbursement for past medical expenses for a 49-year-old woman suffering from chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy as a result of the influenza vaccine
- $118,000 settlement for the estate of a 67-year-old man who suffered from Guillain-Barre syndrome and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and passed away as a result of the Tdap vaccine
Larry has obtained dozens of seven figure settlements for individuals suffering from GBS, ADEM, CIDP, transverse myelitis, and other serious medical conditions, as well as dozens of recoveries for individuals suffering from SIRVA (shoulder injuries related to vaccine administration).
Firm partner Larry Cohan has represented hundreds of victims of vaccine injuries from all over the United States and has collected well in excess of $100 million of compensation for these clients.
Vaccine injuries can range from swelling at the injection site to serious conditions, including:
- GBS (Guillain-Barré syndrome)
- SIRVA (Shoulder injury related to vaccine administration)
- CIDP (Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy)
- AIDP (Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy)
- ADEM (Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis)
- Central nervous disorders
- Transverse myelitis (TM)
- ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura)
- TP (thrombocytopenic purpura)
- Brachial neuritis
- Rotator cuff tear
- Vasovagal syncope
- Injection site injury
- Shoulder injury
- Arm injury
Non-covered vaccine injuries
If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with autism, or have suffered from swelling, dizziness, redness or irritation after receiving a vaccine, your claim will not be covered by the vaccine program.
Please be aware that if you had a preexisting condition, including many types of viruses, before your vaccination, your claim may be barred. Also, the onset of your post-vaccination condition must fall within the time guidelines supported by the Vaccine Program and the relevant medical literature. Finally, the Vaccine Compensation Program requires that any injuries alleged to have been caused by a vaccination lead to a minimum of six months of medical treatment.
All vaccines administered to children and many vaccines administered to adults are covered by the federal vaccine program.
If you or your child have experienced a bad reaction to any of the following vaccines, contact our office immediately for a free consultation:
- Chicken Pox
- Haemophilus influenza type b polysaccharide conjugate vaccines
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus
- Seasonal influenza
- Pneumococcal conjugate
Statute of Limitations
Eligibility for compensation for vaccine-related injuries requires that a lawsuit is filed no later than:
- 3 years from the date of vaccine administration
- 2 years from the date of vaccine administration when client is deceased
Eligible claimants must demonstrate that they received medical treatment and continued to suffer from the effects of their vaccine-related injuries for:
- A minimum of six (6) months
In addition to the many large settlements Larry has won on behalf of his clients, he has also successfully tried to verdict many cases leading to favorable, landmark decisions, creating new rights for vaccine victims.
SMB handles vaccine cases for any adult or child who has suffered a serious illness or injury as a result of a vaccine.
For more than three decades, Larry Cohan has represented clients before the United States Court of Federal Claims after a serious vaccine injury. He has been the co-chair of the American Association for Justice Vaccine Injury Litigation Group for more than a decade.
Larry and his team will guide you through the claim process with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, and help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled.
If you or a family member has been injured as a result of a vaccine, call our office now. We can help you obtain the results you need and deserve.