SM&B represents more roof accident victims than any other law firm in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. SM&B attorneys have extensive experience representing the victims of the most common types of roof accidents, including:
- Falls off the edges of roofs
- Falls through holes in roofs
SM&B has secured numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our roof accident clients, including:
- $14,000,000 settlement for roofer who suffered traumatic brain injury at worksite
- $12,000,000 settlement for a roofer who was left quadriplegic after falling 40 feet
- $8,500,000 settlement for roofer paralyzed after backing off a roof
- $5,900,000 settlement for roofer who fell through hole at worksite
- $4,950,000 settlement for roofer rendered paraplegic after 40-foot fall through decaying roof
- $14,000,000A man whose skull was crushed while he was doing roofing work at a local hospital has settled with a product manufacturer and seller for more than ...Read Story
- $12,000,000A roofer who was paralyzed from the neck down after a 40-foot fall will be paid $12 million to settle his suit against a general contractor that ...Read Story
- $8,500,000A case involving a roofer who was paralyzed after falling about 40 feet has culminated in an $8.5 million settlement.Read Story
- $5,900,000A roofer who suffered a traumatic brain injury when he fell 30 feet to a cement floor due to an unlabeled hole on a factory roof will be paid $5.9 ...Read Story
- $4,950,000A roofer who was left paralyzed when he fell through an asbestos concrete roof will be paid nearly $5 million in the settlement of a suit against the ...Read Story
- $1,000,000George Cooper was working on a project to rehabilitate a building owned by the Budd Co. when the roof collapsed and he fell 40 feet. Cooper, ...Read Story
SM&B’s attorneys understand the safety measures necessary to protect the men and women working at dangerous heights to install, remove and repair roofing material on our homes, office buildings and commercial centers.
When an injured roofer—or the family of a deceased roofer—files a lawsuit, contractors often claim that the roofer was at fault. In these complex cases, SM&B’s attorneys rely upon both their extensive experience in roof accident cases and the knowledge of leading construction safety experts to closely scrutinize the contractor’s conduct. For example: Were all OSHA regulations and industry standards met? Did the general contractor fulfill its contractual obligations to provide for worker safety?
If our client’s fall was off the edge of a roof, we want to know:
- Was the edge clearly marked by warning flags?
- Was a safety monitor posted to warn roofers they were nearing the edge?
- Were roofers appropriately tied off?
If the fall was through a hole in the roof we want to know: Was the hole properly covered up or barricaded?
SM&B casts a wide net for potential defendants in any roof accident case. Property owners, general contractors, contractors, construction managers, and equipment and roofing material manufacturers may all be liable for a roof accident. SM&B will work tenaciously to help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled, including compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, medical costs, lost income and future earnings.
If you have been injured, or a family member has been injured or killed, as a result of a roof accident, SM&B is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve.