SMB is the leading law firm representing victims of electrical accidents in the Philadelphia region.
Given the extraordinary danger inherent in the generation and transmission of high-voltage electrical current, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has held that utilities owe the public and workers the highest duty of care. More than any other law firm in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, SMB has successfully held utilities to that high standard in dozens of cases.
SMB has secured numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including:
- $9,000,000 settlement for boom operator severely shocked when boom contacted power lines
- $7,900,000 settlement for boom operator burned and paralyzed when boom contacted overhead wires
- $13,900,000 settlement for industrial software technician severely injured by circuit breaker explosion
- $10,340,000 settlement for electrician severely burned by arc explosion
- $3,450,000 settlement for electrician burned and paralyzed at construction site
- $3,000,000 settlement for two workers severely injured when scaffold support pole contacted powerline
- $3,000,000 settlement for the estates of two workers electrocuted when crane hoisting block contacted uninsulated powerline
- $9,000,000After working out the details of a workers' compensation lien with Judge Sandra Moss yesterday in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court, attorneys ...Read Story
- $10,340,000Two Philadelphia attorneys have secured a $10.34 million settlement for a Lehigh County electrician who suffered second-and third-degree burns during ...Read Story
- $3,450,000Four companies will pay $3.45 million total to a 47-year-old former electrician to settle a lawsuit he filed after being shocked by an overhead ...Read Story
Our electrical accident attorneys represent victims of the most common types of catastrophic electrocutions and electrical accidents, including:
- Cranes contacting a high-voltage line
- Workers contacting overhead power lines obscured by trees
- Excavation equipment operators digging into underground electrical lines
- High voltage switch gears failing
Robert J. Mongeluzzi leads our team of highly experienced electrical accident attorneys. He is the founder and chairman of the Electrical Accident Group of the American Association of Justice that trains lawyers across the country to represent the victims of such accidents. Bob also writes and lectures extensively on the topic of electrical accidents.
Electrical cases are complex and challenging. Often there are no witnesses, and forensic evidence is sparse at best. Electric shock victims do not always exhibit clear burn patterns, and critical evidence disappears once the utility restores power.
SMB has the insight and experience to reconstruct electrical incidents. To each case we bring an in-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations, the National Electrical Safety Code, NFPA 70E, as well as state codes, life safety codes, and local building codes. We combine our industry knowledge with a deep familiarity with the life-altering injuries that contact with high-voltage electricity can cause–brain injuries, neurological, muscular, and vascular damage, external and internal burns, disfigurement, and amputations.
Public utilities, contractors, and utility customers that operate their own high-voltage systems may all be liable for electrocutions and electric shock injuries. SMB’s lawyers will guide you through the litigation process and help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled–including compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, medical costs, lost income, and future earnings.
If you have been injured–or a family member has been injured or killed–as a result of an electrical accident, SMB is committed to obtaining the results you need and deserve.