Philadelphia VIP, a non-profit organization providing pro bono legal services, elects Michael A. Budner to its Board of Directors.
Michael A. Budner was recently elected to the Board of Directors for Philadelphia VIP, a non-profit organization that provides pro bono legal services to individuals, small business and nonprofits with civil legal issues. The organization leverages the powerful resources of the community to provide quality volunteer legal services and ensure access to justice for low-income Philadelphians.
About Philly VIP Legal Team
The Legal Team consists of attorneys, Pro Bono Case Managers, the Nonprofit & Small Business Coordinator, the Homeownership Projects Coordinator, and two AmeriCorps VISTA members, with support from the Director of Volunteer Engagement and Program Coordinator. This team is led by the Managing Attorney.
Their responsibilities include:
- Reviewing cases for eligibility and merit
- Recruiting volunteer attorneys and other professionals
- Placing cases with volunteers
- Training and mentoring volunteers
- Providing responsive, timely assistance to volunteers
About the Board of Directors
In addition to providing strategic oversight, Board members serve as VIP ambassadors, helping to attract both volunteers and donors, and as volunteers (taking at least one case per year, if possible).
The Board has five standing committees:
- Board Development
- Recruitment & Retention
Special committees are developed on an ad hoc basis.
Learn more about Philadelphia VIP on their website. View the full Board of Directors here.
Related Practice Areas
- Construction Accident & Injury
- Workplace Accidents
- Electrical Injury Attorneys
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Burn Injury Attorneys
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Aerial Lift/Scissor Lift Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Structural Collapses
- Train Accidents
- Crane Accidents and Tip-Overs
- Wrongful Death
- Sports and Recreational Injuries
- Industrial Accidents
- Claims Against Alcohol Servers – Dram Shop Attorneys
- Civil Rights
- Drowning Accidents Attorneys