SM&B represents the victims of abuse and neglect–and their family members–in a wide range of claims against nursing and care facilities, including:
- Medical Neglect: When a resident’s medical needs are ignored by the facility. Outcomes of medical neglect can include bed sores, infections, or mobility issues.
- Neglect of Basic Needs: When a facility fails to provide a resident with basic needs including food, water, or clean surroundings.
- Neglect of Personal Hygiene: When a facility’s staff fails to adequately assist its residents with their personal hygiene needs.
- Emotional Neglect: When a facility’s staff ignores its residents.
- Physical Abuse: When a facility’s staff physically abuses its residents.
Most of these victims are either unaware that they are being mistreated because of some type of cognitive issue such as dementia, or they fear that reporting the misconduct will lead to further abuse. These victims deserve to be heard.
Unmatched Knowledge & Experience
As one of the top Philadelphia-based personal injury law firms, SM&B has a team of attorneys with unrivaled experience representing plaintiffs across a broad range of injury claims. Led by partner Ara Avrigian, SM&B’s medical malpractice team handles negligence claims against nursing homes, long term care, and other assisted living facilities.
SM&B’s malpractice lawyers work in teams in conjunction with highly experienced consulting nurses and independent physicians to determine the exact source of a facility’s negligence. We work relentlessly to obtain all of the compensation that the victims of nursing home negligence deserve, including damages for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and past and future medical expenses.
If you or a family member has been a victim of nursing home negligence, SM&B and our experienced attorneys can help.