A recent Johns Hopkins study reported that more than 250,000 deaths per year in the U.S. are due to medical errors. It has also been reported that death due to a medical error is the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
- The healthcare provider did not follow accepted medical standards of care when he/she provided medical treatment to you.
- The healthcare provider’s failure to follow the accepted medical standard of care caused your injury; and
- You sustained damages as a result of your injury.
What are some examples or types of medical malpractice cases?
- Delay in diagnosis of cancer
- Birth injury
- Failure to diagnose your condition
- Death caused by medical malpractice
Medical malpractice cases are complex cases that are best handled by experienced medical malpractice attorneys. If you believe you have a medical malpractice case, call us as soon as possible. Medical malpractice matters can take several months to investigate as medical records must be obtained and reviewed by medical experts to confirm whether a case exists. If you wish to discuss your potential case, call the Medical Malpractice Team at Saltz, Mongeluzzi & Bendesky, P.C. at 215-496-8282.