SM&B has successfully handled well over a thousand cases involving motor vehicle accidents. We represent victims of car, SUV, truck and motorcycle accidents, including drivers, passengers and third parties such as such cyclists and pedestrians.
SM&B’s team of vehicle accident lawyers skillfully handle accidents caused by:
- Improper, careless and reckless driving behavior
- Alcohol consumption, including those arising from reckless servers of alcoholic beverages
- Faulty vehicle design or maintenance
- Poorly designed, constructed or maintained roads guardrails
SM&B has secured numerous multimillion verdicts and settlements for our clients, including:
- $6,630,000 verdict for a van operator struck by a bus while unloading her passenger’s luggage at Philadelphia International Airport
- $2,650,000 settlement for a motorcyclist permanently disabled with a brain injury, back and nerve pain and vision problems after a commercial vehicle swerved into her turnpike lane
- $75,000,000 verdict for construction worker struck by drunk driver and rendered quadriplegic
- $20,000,000 settlement of bad claim against insurer that refused to pay policy limit to tavern in dram shop case involving drunk driver
- $10,000,000 settlement for driver who suffered catastrophic injuries, including a leg amputation, after being struck by truck that ran red light
- $8,000,000 settlement for road construction worker catastrophically injured, including a leg amputation, when run over by concrete truck
- $6,300,000 settlement for construction surveyor who suffered catastrophic injuries when run over by pickup truck
- $4,400,000 settlement for three victims of drunk driving accident (including one fatality) caused by restaurant that served intoxicated driver
- $4,300,000 settlement for family of father killed in vehicle accident caused by intoxicated salesman driving car during a test-drive
- $2,300,000The estate of a man who was killed when his work van lost control and crashed will receive $2.3 million in a mediated settlement with several ...Read Story
- $2,650,000A motorcyclist permanently disabled with a traumatic brain injury, back and nerve pain and vision problems after a commercial vehicle swerved into ...Read Story
SM&B understands the complex mechanical and physical factors that contribute to vehicle accidents. Our investigations include:
- Comprehensive depositions of all drivers, passengers and witnesses
- In-depth analyses to determine the relative roles played by driver error, defective vehicles, and road and weather conditions
- Biomechanical analysis to determine what happened to an injured driver or passenger during the crash sequence, and how that data is explainable by the accident’s causes
In addition to the Firm’s expertise, we also use independent accident reconstruction experts to accurately simulate how an accident occurred through the use of hi-tech, three-dimensional animations and graphics. These powerful trial tools often convince insurance companies to offer significant settlements and juries to award high-value verdicts.
SM&B casts a wide net for possible defendants in every vehicle accidents we handle. Potentially liable parties include other passenger car drivers, commercial truck drivers and their employers, vehicle and parts manufacturers, establishments that sell liquor, and state and local governments that design and maintain roadways. SM&B works tenaciously to help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled—including compensation for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, past and future medical expenses, lost income and future earnings.
If you have been injured, or a family member has been injured or killed as a result of a motor vehicle accident, SM&B is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve.