We bring the following types of class action cases throughout the United States:
- Consumer Protection
- Wage & Hour
- False Advertising
- Products Liability
- Data Breach
- Civil Rights
Our clients are individual consumers and hard-working employees who have been harmed when a company attempts to take unfair advantage in the marketplace or maximize its profits at their expense.
SM&B has worked to secure settlements in the hundreds of millions of dollars for the classes of businesses and consumers that they represent, including:
- In re: Urethane Antitrust Litigation, No. 04-md-01616 (D. Kan.): Class counsel in antitrust class action that obtained a $400 million verdict for the class, trebled to over $1 billion, ultimately settled for $835 million, which when added to prior settlements provided total recovery of $974 million to the class, nearly 250% of the total damages found by the jury.
- Kleen Products LLC, et al. v. International Paper Co., et al., No. 1:10-cv-05711 (N.D. Ill.): Team leader in antitrust case involving cardboard products resulting in partial settlements of $376 million.
- Sanders v. City of Philadelphia, et al., No. 15-cv-0868 (E.D. Pa.): Lead counsel in section 1983 class action obtaining a full recovery of 100% of damages to the class members.
- Ajose v. Interline Brands, Inc., No. 14-cv-01707 (M.D. Tenn.): Chair of lead counsel committee in product defect class action resulting in a $16.5 million settlement.
- Standard Iron Works v. U.S. Steel, No. 08-cv-5214-JBZ (N.D. Ill.): Counsel to lead plaintiff, Standard Iron Works, in antitrust class action against world’s largest producers of raw steel resulting in $166 million settlement.
- Trabakoolas v. Watts Water Technologies, Inc., et al., No. 12-cv-01172 (N.D. Cal): Lead counsel in product defect class action resulting in $23 million settlement.
- Touchstone Group, LLC v. Tatum, LLC, et al., No. 11-cv-02971 (D.Col.): Co-lead counsel in securities class action resulting in $6.05 million settlement on behalf of victims of the Mantria Corp. Ponzi Scheme.
- In re Apple In-App Purchase Litigation, 11-cv-01758 (N.D. Cal.): Co-lead counsel in highly publicized litigation against Apple for the sale of deceptive apps sold to children. Nationwide settlement achieved offering full refunds to consumers.
- In re Optical Disk Drives Litigation, No. 10-md-2143-RS (N.D. Cal): Counsel to named plaintiff, JLK Systems, in antitrust litigation against manufacturers of optical disk drives generating $37.9 million settlement.
- In re Blood Reagents Antitrust Litigation, No. 09-md-2081 (E.D. Pa): Counsel to lead plaintiff, Community Medical Center, in antitrust litigation against manufacturers of traditional blood reagents resulting $44 million settlement.
- In re Riverwalk Fire Litigation, No. 08-23265 (Pa. Court of Common Pleas, Montgomery County): Lead counsel in $36 million settlement in a class-action suit involving a Conshohocken, Pennsylvania apartment fire, including $9 million for tenants’ lost property claims.
SM&B has earned a national reputation for legal innovation and integrity. Working as lead attorneys or as co-counsel with other attorneys throughout the nation, we have the experience and resources to ensure that our clients receive the finest representation available.
Our main goal is to provide everyone with smarter and more responsive representation.
If you believe you have been victimized by antitrust violations, consumer fraud, unfair or deceptive business acts or practices, or wage and hour abuses, SM&B is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve. To learn how we can help, contact our Class Action Practice Group attorneys today.