SMBB has successfully represented hundreds of brain injury victims in cases arising from a wide range of circumstances, including construction accidents, workplace injuries, vehicle collisions, defective products and medical malpractice.
Brain injuries are devastating to both the victim and their families. Too many times we have heard that the injury sufferer ‘is not the same person.’ SMBB has handled numerous brain injury cases and fully understands the unique issues they present. Brain injuries dramatically change lives and SMBB works tirelessly to force those responsible for these life-altering injuries to account for their negligence.
Robert J. Mongeluzzi
TBI is a major public health issue that:
- Is a factor in 30% of all injury deaths
- Contributes to the death of 50,000 Americans each year
- Accounts for 300,000 hospitalizations and 2.5 million emergency room visits on an annual basis
The leading causes of TBI include falls, vehicle accidents, and being struck by or against objects.
SMBB’s lawyers handling brain injury cases have secured numerous multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Philadelphia courts for our clients, including:
- $14,000,000 settlement for a roofer whose skull was crushed by a falling hoist
- $11,300,000 verdict for a woman permanently brain damaged when accidentally shot by an acquaintance
- $8,900,000 for a construction worker who was partially paralyzed, blinded in one eye and suffered extensive brain damage when a 10-ton mobile office unit toppled off a jack and fell on him
- $14,000,000A man whose skull was crushed while he was doing roofing work at a local hospital has settled with a product manufacturer and seller for more than ...Read Story
- $4,400,000A local construction company has reached a $4.4 million settlement with a former construction worker who said he suffered permanent brain damage ...Read Story
- $8,500,000A man who suffered a traumatic brain injury and spastic paraplegia from a work accident will be compensated $8.5 million as a result of a settlement ...Read Story
With years of experience prosecuting brain injury claims, SMBB is on the short-list of personal injury law firms using the latest methods to develop the evidence needed to maximize recovery in these complex cases:
- We exhaustively investigate what went wrong and who is responsible.
- We engage nationally-recognized neurologists, neuropsychologists and neurosurgeons to determine the extent of our clients’ injuries and their long-term prognosis.
- We create innovative video brochures that powerfully depict in a “mini-documentary” format our clients’ pain and suffering and include excerpts from victim, family, witness and expert interviews and defendant depositions. These vivid films are often a major factor in convincing jurors to award high-value verdicts and defendants to agree to high-value settlements.
Brain injury cases often have multiple defendants–construction companies, contractors, property owners and managers, manufacturers and motorists may all be liable. SMBB’s lawyers understand that brain injuries are complex, costly to treat and often require lifelong care. We work tenaciously to help our clients obtain all the compensation to which they are entitled, including damages for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, medical costs, lost income and future earnings.
If you have been injured—or a family member has been injured or killed—as a result of a serious brain injury, SMBB is committed to obtaining all of the results you need and deserve.