As one of Pennsylvania’s leading catastrophic injury firms, SMBB has extensive experience handling claims that involve the tragic loss of limbs. We represent both injured people who sustained traumatic amputation as part of the accident or incident that caused their injuries, and those whose limb was amputated as a result of the necessary medical treatment of their injuries. Our representation of amputation victims extends across several our practice areas, including:
- Industrial Accidents: Many clients have suffered loss of limbs because of industrial machinery and workplace accidents. Given the disparity in size, weight and power, a worker’s limbs are no match for the machines in a factory, plant or construction site. Even electrical injuries can lead to medical amputation when the limb suffers an injury that cannot be repaired.
- Product Defects: Both industrial and consumer products can lead to traumatic or necessary medical amputation. From hand tools to household appliances, SMBB has represented many clients who suffered amputations from products that are used every day.
- Guardrail Injuries: SMBB has even represented clients who have lost limbs as a result of injuries caused by the very products intended to protect drivers – highway guardrails. SMBB is experienced in litigating these complex cases.
Many of our clients who sustain catastrophic injuries also suffer from amputation of limbs as a result. Whether caused by industrial equipment, consumer products or even highway guardrails, amputation victims are forever and irreversibly changed. Even though we cannot restore our clients physically, we work tirelessly to hold responsible parties accountable.
Robert J. Mongeluzzi
SMBB has secured numerous multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements for its amputee clients, including:
- $16,300,000 – Ironworker Sustains Leg Amputation after Crushing Accident
- $10,000,000 – Cement Mason Sustains Leg Amputation after Motor Vehicle Accident
- $8,000,000 – Man Suffers Right Leg Amputation after Run Over by Concrete Truck
- $7,500,000 – Man Suffers Single Leg Amputation in Workplace Injury
- $2,600,000 – Man Suffers Bilateral Leg Amputation in Industrial Accident
- $1,000,000 – Worker hand amputated by Workplace Machinery
SMBB brings decades of experience to its accident cases involving consumer products and industrial equipment. Because amputees require a lifetime of medical care for their injury, SMBB has unrivaled experience in ensuring that all of its client’s future medical treatment, therapy and rehabilitation is considered and accounted for.
As with all its cases, SMBB casts a wide net for potential defendants in any of its amputation cases. SMBB attorneys work tirelessly to help you get all the compensation to which you may be entitled. This includes not just future medical treatment, but also payments for pain and suffering, emotional trauma, past medical expenses, lost income and future earnings.
If you or a family member has been injured in an accident that resulted in an amputation, SMBB is committed to obtaining all the results you need and deserve.