Marni S. Berger will present on the Magna Legal Services Virtual Seminar “New Dawn of Bad Faith Law in New Jersey,” on Thursday, April 21, 2022.
The purpose of this seminar is to bring together well-respected practitioners to present their thoughts and evaluations on the New Jersey Insurance Fair Conduct Act (IFCA), a new statute governing “bad faith” conduct in uninsured and underinsured motorist benefits claims.
The entire seminar will give an overview of the IFCA and discuss the following topical areas:
- the presentation of the uninsured and underinsured motorist claim;
- the institution of suit and the joinder of bad faith and underlying claims;
- the scope of discoverable material in litigation, including the application of evidentiary privilege;
- the necessity of expert testimony; and
- IFCA trials.
This seminar is a great opportunity for lawyers, insurance examiners, and adjusters as New Jersey transitions to a new bad-faith system.
MODERATED BY: James Haggerty, Esq., Partner, HGSK Lawyers
- Scott Horwitz, Esq., National Director of Graphics Consulting & Trial Presentation, Magna Legal Services
- Scott Tredwell, Esq., Senior Partner, McCormick & Priore
- Jeffrey Stanton, Esq., Partner, Haggerty, Goldberg, Schleifer & Kupersmith
- Michael Ellery, Esq., Attorney, Console & Associates
- Hema P. Mehta, Esq., Partner, Chartwell Law
- Katherine Cole Douglas, Esq., Member, Bennett, Bricklin & Saltzburg
- Marni S. Berger, Esq., Special Counsel, Saltz Mongeluzzi & Bendesky, PC
- Kristen Gaffey, Esq., Associate Attorney, McCormick & Priore, P.C.
- Stuart Setcavage, Setcavage Consulting, LLC
- Lindsay Andreuzzi, Esq., Partner, Kutak Rock